© 2020 NES Training
Manual Handling: Moving And Positioning People In The Healthcare Sector: Introduction & Update
Who Should Attend
The course is suitable for all people involved in the moving and handling of people in the healthcare sector.
What will attendees learn?
This training will demonstrate maintenance of basic manual handling skills and knowledge. The delegates will consider new handling techniques since previously trained and use knowledge and skills to problem solve unusual handling situations.
- Review and update current legislation, guidelines and best practice
- Review of backcare and unsafe practices
- Review risk assessment practice
- Practical review of faded skills
- Review of handling techniques and new handling techniques not previously trained, where appropriate
- Scenarios and discussion, practical application of manual handling techniques
- Continuous assessment throughout the session