© 2020 NES Training
Medication Administration & Management
Who Should Attend
Any person who has the responsibility for the administration of medicines in care homes.
What will attendees learn?
It will provide the delegate with knowledge and practical skills to safely select, prepare and administer different types of medicines
- The course and key learning outcome have been developed and mapped to the Skills for Care Knowledge and Skills Set for Medication
- Legislation and medication
- Roles, responsibilities and boundaries
- Types of medication and routes
- Safe practice in the administration of medicines
- Care and support of the individual
- Medication systems
- Administering medication – The 5 Rights
- Information and recording requirements
- Recognising and reporting changes
- CONTINOUS ASSESSMENT THROUGHOUT THE DAY
- Delegate Workbook issued and completed throughout the day
- COMPETENCY TESTING: test conditions, each learner to complete:
- Theory, Written Proof of Learning (1) –17 Questions
- Practical, Written Proof of Learning (2) - MAR Sheet
- Competency Test (3) – Practical, at end of each course, each learner is issued with an ‘Assessment Log for the Safe Administration of Medication’ identifying practical competencies in administering medication. This should be given to the Manager who can then arrange for the observation and record to be completed on site.