© 2020 NES Training
Manual Handling: Moving And Positioning People In The Healthcare Sector - 1 Day Course
Who Should Attend
The course is suitable for all people involved in the moving and handling of people in the healthcare sector. The course offers a more detailed approach into manual handling risks and principles of safe moving and handing. It is particularly appropriate to people who are new to the vocational area or have not undertaken manual handling training for a significant amount of time.
What will attendees learn?
This training introduces and will make the delegate aware of the hazards and risks involved with manual handling. The delegate will consider principles of safe moving and handling and will apply these to a problem solving approach which will enable them to develop safer manual handling techniques in the workplace.
- Definition and what constitutes manual handling
- Back Facts
- Legislation & application to Manual Handling
- Spinal Awareness & posture
- Risk Assessment
- Unsafe/high risk practices
- Applying manual handling skills
- Use appropriate manual handling equipment
- Scenarios and discussion, practical application of manual handling techniques
- Continuous assessment throughout the session